Dandruff refers to the shedding of dead cells from the scalp. Usually shedding of dead cells occurs once in a month. But in people with dandruff, shedding of dead cells occurs more frequently. So these dead cells fall as white or grey flakes amidst hair. Let’s learn more about Dandruff and Home Remedies for Dandruff.
Symptoms of dandruff :
- Redness of scalp
- Excessive flaking of scalp
- Itchy scalp
Causes for dandruff :
- Nutrition deficiency
- Emotional stress
- Fungal infection
- Disease condition like psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis
- Presence of head lice
- Dry skin
- Exposure to cold
- Excessive sweating
- Allergic to certain foods
- Use of harsh or alkaline soaps and shampoos
Home Remedies for Dandruff :
- Home Remedies for Dandruff
- Mix 2 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 table spoon of amla (gooseberry juice) to a cup of curd and apply this mixture to your hair and leave overnight. Wash it in the morning. This relieves dandruff.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of fresh lime to a mug of water and use this for last rinse of your hair during hair bath. This relieves dandruff and keeps your hair shiny.
- Massage your scalp with warm coconut oil and and wrap a towel soaked in warm water. Leave it for 30 minutes. Then take hot water bath. This relieves dandruff.
- Mix equal quantity of almond oil and olive oil and apply on your scalp and hair. Once a tingling sensation occurs, wash your hair.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight and make a paste .Apply this paste allover your scalp and hair and leave it for an hour. Then wash it with shikakai.
- Make a paste or gel with aloevera leaves and apply on your hair. Leave it for 2-3 hours and wash your hair. This relieves dandruff and makes your hair shiny.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of vinegar to a cup of warm water and apply this on your hair. Leave it overnight and wash your hair in the morning. This removes dandruff.
- Grind beetroot and henna to form a paste and apply this paste on your hair and scalp. This prevents hair fall and reduces dandruff.
- Put peels of lime in coconut oil and keep it in sun rays for 10-15 days.Then use this oil to massage your scalp. This relieves dandruff.
- Put a teaspoonful of pepper in a bottle of coconut oil and boil it. Use this warm oil to massage your scalp and hair. This relieves dandruff.
- Rubbing snake guard juice over the scalp helps in removing dandruff.
- Above all home remedies are very simple to try at home.
Prevention of dandruff :
- Eat balanced diet which should include fresh fruits,vegetables & nuts.
- The most important is to Lead a stress free life.
- Comb your hair daily and regularly because to improve blood circulation and thereby removes any flakiness
- Keep your hair clean by regular wash with good shampoo.
- Avoid strong coffee or tea and processed foods.
- Avoid hair colours and hair dyes if dandruff persists
- Finally try this at home and try to comment results here.